To discuss internet and server management/operation technology.
MAWI (Measurement and Analysis on the WIDE Internet)
- Theme : Traffic Measurement and Analysis.
- Chair : Kenjiro Cho, Ryo Kaizaki
- Home Page : http://tracer.csl.sony.co.jp/mawi/
- Started : 2002/10/21
The MAWI working group focuses on traffic measurement analysis.
In particular, the focus of the working group is long-term measurement on wide-area, global Internet. This group also collaborates with other working groups on measurement.
Specific activities are:
- global DNS behavior analysis (with dns-wg)
- long-term measurement of routing information (with routeview-wg)
- observation of network topology (with netviz-wg)
- measurement of the IPv6 deployment status (with v6fix)
- traffic measurement using sFlow/NetFlow (with roft-wg)
- measurement for effective use of AI3 satellite links (with ai3-wg)
Through these measurement activities, we will contribute to various aspects of Internet operations including stable operation of major internet infrastructures such as DNS and routing, design of flexible and efficient network topology, and deployment of IPv6.
International collaboration with the following organizations:
- CAIDA (http://www.caida.org/)
- University of Waikato (http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/)
- ICANN RSSAC (http://www.icann.org/committees/dns-root/)
- ISC OARC (https://oarc.isc.org/)
- USC/ISI (http://www.isi.edu/)
- INRIA (http://www.inria.fr/)
- CNRS (http://www.cnrs.fr/index.html)
- AI3 partners (http://www.ai3.net/)
|2006/09||IPv6 network measurement and visualization using dual-stack tools|
|2006/09||topology measurement, collaboration with CAIDA|
|2006/09||trend analysis of residential broadband traffic|
|2006/09||traffic modeling of emerging applications and security threats|